Reminiscence

Friday, November 23, 2012

Foggy, Black Friday




Despite being assured that today was going to be the last of a string of glorious, almost winter, days - it has started out very foggy.






























I have made my favorite breakfast, one that is very hearty and keeps me going - sometimes right through until dinner.


It is a delicious blend of sauteed onions, tomatoes and (in this case) arugula - this is made into a 'nest' over a corn tortilla, then I add an egg and sprinkle feta cheese over all.  It gets popped into a 350 oven and bakes until the egg is done to your liking - in my case, well done.  Lots of protein, and a generous helping of veggies - it's even gluten free!






I think I'm going to need all of my energy today.  Despite promising myself that I would spend the day finishing up hats, and tagging jewelry, all to go down to the Jelly Bean Tree, it seems Michael's had other plans for my day.  I am loathe to go out on Black Friday, but Michael's sent me 2 really great coupons in this morning's e-mail, and I am in desperate need of more 'Shrinky Dinks', so off to Michael's I go.  At least it's on the outskirts of Keene, so I shouldn't have to get to involved with the shopping madness.

I have a number of new designs for 'Tea Time' brooches and am committed to spending the rest of the weekend, baking, making, coating and designing a host of brooches for Etsy - after all, 'tis the season!














No comments:

Post a Comment