Reminiscence

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Let's begin at the beginning - today is Sunday the 18th of November.  Starting a blog is on my list of things to get to.  So, today's the day.  Having discovered fairly recently that I can no longer tolerate gluten - which is a terrible thing for a baker - I have started collecting gluten free flours, ingredients and recipes.  At some point I want to get into the kitchen and actually use the items I'm collecting.  Today I'm going to bake breads - I buy Bob's Red Mill bread mixes.  I find them tasty, the whole grain one is particularly good, but it's a little strong in flavor (onion-ey) to make a good toast and jam sort of bread, plus I find it doesn't cut well - it falls apart.  When I bake my breads I do 4 loaves at a time - they take a long time to rise and bake, so to me it makes more sense to bake more than one loaf.  I do 3 white breads, and 1 whole grain.  Being the whole grain fall apart I make crumbs out of it and use them in meatloaf, meatballs etc.. Yay!  Something else I can add back into my diet.

Here are 4 loaves almost ready for the oven




All done - wasn't that fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment